Scenery - Warhammer 40k Promethium Pipes



Warhammer 40k Promethium Pipes

Last year at the Harrow Cricket Club we played our way through my first Necromunda Canpaign. I really enjoyed it, a game I had missed back in its hey day, and with a rumoured forthcoming new edition I think we will be seeing this again down the club. (Club Nights Necromunda Underhive Campaign Thread if your interested, there was some great write ups retrieved from the Cawdor ledgers). Anyway I decided I would take advantage of the glut of 40k terrain I have sitting around and consolidate my options in the grim dark future. 

I picked up a pack of the promethium pipes back when they were released a couple of years ago thinking this would be a good start to the City board I've always dreamed of.

Released in 2014, the promethium pipes work well with my 40k terrain.
In a small digression: Last summer I was back in the highlands reading through my bros back catalogue of white dwarfs when I noticed this image from an edition back in 2009 for the 3rd edition Space Hulk…

have i seen these corner pieces before? Maybe there were early mock ups that were repurposed?


Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

This could be nothing to do with the promethium pipes, but to my eyes this shows an early mould of the promethium pipes 4 years ago? 



Anyway the detail on the pipes are really impressive, perhaps a little gothic for my tastes but that's 40k you know. If this is an example of the terrain GW now manufacture in China then it's maybe not such a bad thing in terms of what technically they can do. I'd prefer it was all still in Nottingham myself but that is business isn't it.


All components, minus a cap piece that is being held hostage by my cat somewhere in the flat.

So I painted these in a similar way to the barrels I had done a few months back, I sprayed them with the army painter silver spray with a little bit of leadbelcher in places just to change things here and there.


The full rig

Then the pipes were dipped into army painter strong tone (I paint it on with a brush though) and Matt varnished once dry for that lovely worn texture.


These are a fair length, a good five inches...

Then I gave the whole thing a good doing over with modelmates rust effect, forgeworld and secret weapons weathering powders and the citadel technical paints to give the surface some variation.


Ill work on my Photography Skills for the next update...
I highlighted all the edges with Necron Compound and various details such as the toxic green slime and the ubiquitous bloody hand (citadel technicals) print I like to add to any thing 40k.


OSL lighting effect on the lights and the Red Hand of the Underhive


All in all I'm pretty happy with these, they did take a fair old time to complete and I plan to do more from the ongoing set of necromunda terrain over the summer in this same manner.



The Fat Dwarf
Remember and subscribe if you want to see how this article series progresses..
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

wayland-games-discounts-free-shipping
   As promised we are trying to add relative links for OZ/NZ, Canada and the USA as I know much of you Beardlings are in fact based in our sister nations. So this will be updated with these links soon.

Australia / New Zealand



We also work for the Mperor ... click the link and get $5 off your first order! or Repent! 

click this link or suffer the wrath of The Ordo Hereticus   MPEROR




Canada / USA - Apologies, We are still working on partnering up here with white metal games and Ministomp.

The Tabletop Hobbit also has his own Facebook blog. Find it Here https://www.facebook.com/TheTableTopHobbit/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer Fantasy - Tomb Kings - Necrolith Colossus

Warhammer 40K Scenery - Sector Mechanicus Part 1 - Galvanic Servohaulers

Warhammer Fantasy - Dark Elves Chapter 8 - Har Ganeth Darkshards