Warhammer 40k - Adeptus Mechanicus - Welcome To Mars - Chapter 11 Sicarian Infiltrators


Warhammer 40k - Adeptus Mechanicus

Chapter 11 Sicarian Infiltrators

Welcome to Mars!




An elite choice for the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Sicarian Infiltrators are the latest unit to be recruited into the martian forces.


Element Games - Wargaming Webstore
Crystal Codes for Element Games RIC134 or ROB8508
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore


I managed to pick up 5 of these guys through purchasing the Theta-7 expansion for Kill Team which also included a Tech-priest Manipulus and some terrain. I also purchased another box of them to bolster their numbers and give me the option of fielding a larger unit that will hopefully survive a bit longer and cause the enemy warlord a few headaches as they appear from their concealment.

The models can either be configured as Infiltrators or Ruststalkers. I chose to build them as Infiltrators mainly because I like the look of them but also they are equipped with Flechette Blasters - loads of shots. Luckily, I have shovel-like hands and can hold loads of dice, and a big hole in the garden in which I can dispose of the meat bags that are on the receiving end! 

I think I might find these troops quite useful in 9th edition not only to harass the enemy but to also compete for and hold objectives.



Assembly

Just follow the assembly guide. I only wanted one Infiltrator Princeps so assembled the second five using the variant build for another Infiltrator, giving me a full squad of ten - a Princeps and nine Infiltrators.


Looking to build your own Plasma Power Hub?

UK -  Element Games  The Outpost  Firestorm Games  Wayland Games

USA / Canada - Games Kastle



Element Games - Wargaming Webstore
Crystal Codes for Element Games RIC134 or ROB8508
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore


Undercoating

OK, first dilemna, the models from the Theta-7 box are red plastic the models from the normal box are grey plastic.

I know the final look I want will be mostly metallic with red areas. Do I spray them Mephiston Red or Leadbelcher spray? I decided to go with Leadbelcher as I reckoned I could layer up the red tone on top of it without too much drama as these areas were larger, flatter and easier to access.



Painting

First up was painting the base with Doombull Brown - do not thin this layer down if you are painting it onto the Leadbelcher undercoat, you want a good coating before applying Martian Iron earth later.


Element Games - Wargaming Webstore


Next, I looked out one of the Rangers that I've already painted. I want the Infiltrators to match the other infantry so, where possible for a homogeneous look to the army, I matched up the colours. 

You can see those colours here in chapter 2

The trousers were painted with a thin layer of Dark Reaper and the metallic areas with a thin coat of Leadbelcher with a few areas picked out with Brass Scorpion. All these areas then received a wash of Nuln Oil.

The torsos were painted with a thin layer of Mephiston Red then washed with Carroburg Crimson.


wayland-games-discounts-free-shipping


I layered up the raised areas on the trousers and torsos with Dark Reaper and Mephiston Red respectively.

I then highlighted the edges of the torso armour with Evil Sunz Scarlet.

The outside of the Princeps' jacket was done the same way. The inside was painted Baneblade Brown and highlighted with Ushabti Bone.

I also applied the Scarlet to the helmets but left the darker red showing around the edges of all the metallic areas. I applied thin lines of Nuln Oil wash around the areas where the red meets the metals and this is a bit time consuming but the effect is worth it.


Check out this store Goblin Gaming! prz.io/n5ZPVXHZ


The blue areas are Teclis Blue highlighted with Lothern Blue.

The blasters were base coated with Rhinox Hide then layered with Mournfang Brown and washed with Agrax Earthshade.



Just a few little bits to pick out, like the gauges on the backpacks, the eye lenses, the skull servitor and some green lights in their chest plates or helmet. The gauges were painted white and then the pointers picked out in scarlet. Eye lenses with Lothern Blue. Lights with Snot Green. the skull was based with Mournfang Brown and Layered with Ushabti Bone.


wayland-games-discounts-free-shipping


I scoured the green and well tended lands of Gildoren’s house for some small stones, gave them a wash/rinse and glued them on the bases. I painted these with Doombull Brown and also gave the edge of the bases another coat. Then covered the bases with Martian Ironearth then layered the stones with a mix of orange/purple/brown to match the Ironearth as closely as possible. I then add a bit more orange to that mix to highlight the edges of the rocks.

I popped a transfer on the Princeps' jacket to denote him from the minions.

I then followed up with a light spray with matt varnish and we are done!



Batch Painting

Here is a breakdown of how I split these up for painting.

I painted 1 model to completion so as to see the final product and be happy with the look.

Split the other 9 in to 3 groups of three.



I paint these three groups in staggered stages so group 1 is always a stage ahead of group 2 and group 2 is always a stage ahead of group 3.

I find it keeps the process fresh and gives you ample opportunity for tea breaks!



All praise the Omnissiah!

Gildoren


wayland-games-discounts-free-shipping

HANDY LINKS SECTION


Referenced Articles:




As ever we suggest you look around for the best deals, but we have found the following the most competitive.
UK:

Please note many of the UK listed companies here will post out to the Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA (and often others) often for CHEAPER THAN YOU CAN BUY LOCALLY!!!


40K Scenery

Command Edition Battlefield - Element Games  The Outpost  Firestorm Games  Wayland Games

Spray Paints

Testors Dullcoat, (The Best Matt Varnish) - Element Games  Goblin Gaming  The Outpost  Firestorm Games  -  Games Kastle  Mighty Ape

Model Paints

Army Painter Warpaints - Element Games  Goblin Gaming  The Outpost  Firestorm Games  Wayland Games  -  Games Kastle  Mighty Ape  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer Fantasy - Tomb Kings - Necrolith Colossus

Warhammer 40K Scenery - Sector Mechanicus Part 1 - Galvanic Servohaulers

Warhammer Fantasy - Dark Elves Chapter 8 - Har Ganeth Darkshards