Hobby Review - Artist Opus Paintbrushes


Hobby Review - Artist Opus Paintbrush Set



Image from Element Games Website



In May 2018 I noticed my favourite Wargaming retailers Element Games were linked with a Kickstarter on some new high quality “artisan” paintbrushes. Now I'm no runesmith, but i do need a new set for updating my Book of Grudges, I have had to add an extra couple of pages to the "Gildoren" section.

I was about to purchase a set of Windsor and Newton Series 7s, However, after looking into it I thought it may be a good idea to put my money into this Kickstarter instead.

This Kickstarter also allowed me to purchase a second set for my cheeky little sidekick The Tabletop Hobbit at a competitive price (£85 for two sets), and the quick fulfilment and delivery time frame sealed the deal for me!

  you can find a link to the original Kickstarter here...


All sets on the Kickstarter came complete with the following:
  • Size 000 Brush
  • Size 00 Brush
  • Size 0 Brush
  • Size 1 Brush
  • 3ml of Brush Soap
and because it was a kickstarter, a laser cut insert into the box... thanks...

All the sets on the first Kickstarter where for the series S set, I don’t know what the "S" stands for, but these are Superb brushes, since then they have released two more sets. "M" which is a short hair version of the S series for real detail and line work and the "D" Drybrush series, both of which I intend to purchase as soon as I can afford it! (The Beardlings are expensive)


Image from Element Games Website


Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

These brushes are available on the Element Games website, in the UK but I understand international postage is possible, try the link above.




   As a Blog posting and painting trio for over two decades, we have used every brush going, we have the standard Games Workshop or Citadel Brushes, the Citadel Artificer Brushes, Army Painter brands which are well priced and do the job rather decently, but for the likes of a seasoned painter, or if you are an old dwarf like me and want to have the right tool for the job, then you need to get a good set of brushes for doing justice to your long beards or maybe just your best miniatures if you are a poxy elf like Gildoren. 




   Now I cant say these are as good as the set I received for my 121st birthday from legendary, (some would say eccentric) Runeslord Bruk Donglebirst. but these are as close as you humans will get to a good ancient Dawi set (without a +1 Rune of Painting).

These brushes are fine enough to use to fill your book of Grudges! 

The Fat Dwarf, Gildoren & The Tabletop Hobbit 

Remember and subscribe and comment here on Blogger 

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

   As promised we are trying to add relative links for OZ/NZ, Canada and the USA as I know much of you Beardlings are in fact based in our sister nations. So this will be updated with these links soon.

Australia / New Zealand


We also work for the Mperor ... click the link and get $5 off your first order! or Repent! 

click this link or suffer the wrath of The Ordo Hereticus   MPEROR




Canada / USA - Apologies, We are still working on partnering up here with white metal games and Ministomp.

The Tabletop Hobbit also has his own Facebook blog. Find it Here https://www.facebook.com/TheTableTopHobbit/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer Fantasy - Tomb Kings - Necrolith Colossus

Warhammer 40K Scenery - Sector Mechanicus Part 1 - Galvanic Servohaulers

Warhammer Fantasy - Dark Elves Chapter 8 - Har Ganeth Darkshards