Warhammer Underworlds - Beastgrave The Wurmspat - The Brothers Grime and their Maw..

Warhammer Underworlds - Beastgrave The Wurmspat

The Brothers Grime and their Maw..


Hello Hobbits!

Sorry it’s been a while I appear to spend more time eating than I do painting...

The Fat Dwarf, Gildoren and I are great Warhammer Fantasy enthusiasts and the models that Games Workshop are producing currently are incredible, I look forward to the Warhammer The Old World models coming back in the future.

So until then The Fat Dwarf, Gildoren and I have decided to dip our hairy toes (Gildoren; a dainty finger) into Underworlds, in particular Beastgrave.

The game itself wasn’t what had attracted us but more so the quality of the models contained within the boxes. So with my cake covered mitts I took the opportunity to paint some Nurgle models again,  I went for The Wurmspat!!!

So before we start learning to play we are looking to get the models painted first.

The models are similar to the Putrid Blightkings which were released during teh Warhammer fantasy End Times campaign, but contain some really delightful details. The models themselves are really easy to put together but also allow for parts of the models to be painted separately and added later.

As with all my painting I like to paint to a nice table top standard and using Games Workshop paints. I’m not a great fan of the coloured plastic so always give my models a good covering of Chaos Black Spray.



Painting

The skin tone on the models were completed the same bar a few darker shades being applied.

Basecoat: Bugmans Glow

Shade: 2/3 Lahmian Medium and druchii Violet

Layer: Cadian Fleshtone




Details: I would then use carroburg Crimson over clusters of blisters/spots/ sore spots to give the effect or a burning infection (be very careful when applying this and only select small areas at a time)

Further Shade: this is optional and i use 75% lahmian medium and 25% Druchii Violet over all the skin and blisters.

Layer: finally I use Kislev flesh watered down and use small strokes across the skin allowing them to blend together and highlight areas of the flesh.



The green armour is a base of Deathguard Green with a shade of Agrax Earthshade and a edge highlight of Nurgling Green. This gives a nice weathered dirty touch to armour.

The gold areas are Balthasar’s Gold with a wash of Agrax Earthshade. To give the appearance of dulling / weathering.





   I used Nihilakh oxide for the first time also, which I put around damaged armour and on metal areas. I find putting in small droplets in the areas I want it to be and then use my finger to smudge most of it off so that the blue/green is not to over powering.

Anyway please let us know what you think.

Oh my look at the time...  it’s nearly time for my next breakfast.

The Tabletop Hobbit
 Remember and subscribe if you want to see how this article series progresses.
By clicking the link to your preferred outlet below, it will help fund the time we can spend on this, it costs you nothing but helps us a great deal!
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore
Crystal Codes for Element Games RIC134 or ROB8508
wayland-games-discounts-free-shipping
FIRESTORM GAMES                         GOBLIN GAMING 
   

Australia / New Zealand

We also put our faith in the Mperor ... click the link and get $5 off your first order! or Repent! 

click this link or suffer the wrath of The Ordo Hereticus   MPEROR





Canada / USA - Apologies, We are still working on partnering up here with white metal games and Ministomp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer Fantasy - Tomb Kings - Necrolith Colossus

Warhammer 40K Scenery - Sector Mechanicus Part 1 - Galvanic Servohaulers

Warhammer Fantasy - Dark Elves Chapter 8 - Har Ganeth Darkshards